Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Birthday and other Celebratory fun!


If you're happy and you know it but that sometimes makes you cry, go ahead and take this as your tissue warning.

Today we celebrate David's first birthday. Of course everything, and I mean Ev-Ry-Thing goes in the mouth. Wrapping, boxes, all presents, in the mouth.


David started to get fussy so I picked him up and carried him around and asked him what would make him happy. I told him I would give him whatever he wanted. (Of course he doesn't know what I'm saying, he can't talk yet.) But he can point. He wanted an Oreo. Aunti gave it, much to his mom's chagrin. Now he's happy! (Sorry, I am using a laptop and can't figure out how to get the pictures in order, so they are out of sequence). Bekah loves him.

He was so excited to wake up this morning (at 6:30) and come out and see the mattress city. It was a big sleep over last night and David thought it was so much fun to climb over us.

And I think that he knows that when a grown up is in bed they are not paying much attention and that he can get away with more. Here he is getting into things. Boy is he happy.

Here is David playing the kazoo on the air pump attachment. Silly willy!

Oh look~ the mouse! He loves loves loves electronics. And he isn't satisfied any more with the ones with no batteries or the broken ones, he knows if it's working or not. This one works, but the computer doesn't. But boy does this mouse make him happy.

Mmmm Straight to the mouth. I don't know how great it will work now. But I just like to see him happy. And that's not hard, he is always happy, smiling and laughing.

Oh what a cutie. This boy is such a miracle. He makes his mom and dad happy. And Grandma Bobbie. His Aunts, Uncle, Cousin. Papa Tom. We are all so very happy.
Yesterday was the final court hearing. The paper work was signed and he is forever now. We really, I don't think, could get any happier.
At the Juvenile Court of Kern County yesterday, we waited outside for them to call Squire so we could go in. There was, let's see, 11 in our family and about 10 girls from Val's work all there to support them. It was amazing! We filed into the court room and filled every seat and the judge was really impressed. We all sat quietly as the judge went through the proceedings and I (of course) was crying. Just to hear him say "Congratulations, you have a boy." was so official and final. And then everyone cheered and I cry just typing it. Val and Will traveled a very long 5 year road to get here and they are such great parents, I couldn't be more proud of them and happy for them. The Lord has really blessed our family.

Speaking of blessings and happiness, Congratulations to Stacy and Cody on their "angel straight from heaven". Yesterday Chloe was born. I can't wait for the pictures but for now I will just say, I'm so happy for you both! (and the whole family really). All my love and hugs!

No comments: