The next weekend I found a stray dog. She was a cute little chihuahua had a collar with a phone number and I called and two days later the owner came and picked her up.
The next weekend I found a stray dog. Another chihuahua named Packer. He had a collar with a phone number and I called and the next day the owner came and picked him up.
The next weekend...Jeff found a stray dog. Only the dog he found had no collar, did not look well taken care of, and came from his work (which is coincidentally the same street that the county pound is on.) He said he would find a home for her. That was in October 2008.
Meet Lizzie

Lizzie is a part chihuahua part terrier mix.
I've gotten quite attached to her even though I have never been a small dog type person.

Even though she gathers my clothes into a pile and sleeps on it like a bed, (Maybe that's why they make laundry hampers) I really like her. And she loves socks.
She has really chewed holes in everyone's socks.
Ryan is attached to her also.
But sometimes he plays too rough with her and she snips at him.
And at first I was really mad because she was not house broken and soiled every bit of new carpet in my new house.
She looks a lot like Haley only shorter.
And she has the same personality as Haley
but Lizzie will chase the ball and she likes to cuddle on the bed at our feet when we sleep.
(She curls up with a sock like a baby blanket when she goes to bed.)

Haley used to hate to be put in the backyard. It was like punishment for her.
So I was surprised one day when she was not crying at the back door.
When I looked out I saw her...

A while later I checked on her again and saw this...
When I looked through the fence I saw what they were looking at.

No matter how much noise I made, this dog would not look at me.
I guess there is nothing like being ignored to peak your curiosity.







No comments:
Post a Comment