Thursday, May 28, 2009

Favorite past time

Well, it's baseball season. This year Ryan is on the Red Sox. He likes to play 3rd base. Here he is being the catcher. The batter is his friend from his Basketball team this year.

Here is Ryan as the batter. He has hit two home-runs this year!

Here is Ryan and Jeff (pitcher) at a night game. Playing at night is a lot of fun for the kids, not so much for the Dug-out mom (me).

This season has been a big change for Ryan, he has gone from being on the first place, undefeated team last year to being on a 5-9 (wins-losses) team this year. You have never seen a bigger bunch of Bad News Bears.
They practice a lot better than they game, but they are just kids. Ryan enjoys it and that is what matters. Jeff played when he was a kid. He was the pitcher and kids were scared to come up to bat against him because he pitched so fast. He has high hopes for Ryan but Ryan has only a half-hearted interest in baseball. I love baseball. I can remember my Grandma listening to the Dodger games on the radio, my dad watched baseball every day during baseball season, I played softball when I was younger and I have been going to games most of my life. My husband and I take Ryan to as many Oakland A's games as we can during the season, even when they aren't winning any games or are 18-26 and 8 games back, like they are now.
Because it's like I always say, I'd rather sit in a scoreless 12 inning baseball game than ....
whatever. (do whatever it is I am supposed to be doing-ie. housework, homework, work work, golfing, bowling, what have you.)






Even our little dog, Lizzie, likes baseball. Here she is with one of Ryan's tee-balls. She can barely carry it because it is too heavy. See where she ripped a bit of the seam so that she can get a hold of it better.
"Bring me the ball!"


These balls are her favorite. They are perfect size and she can bite them, and they squeek. Well, the red one does not squeek (she ripped out the squeeker), and she tries to play with them both. She will go from biting on one to biting the other. And it is so cute, she tries to keep them both in front of her. Too cute.





On the other hand.....
Here's Haley. She does not like the ball. She does not like when I play the ball with Lizzie, she is very jealous. And she knows what the ball is she has just trained us that she doesn't fetch it. Here she is making a bed on my new pile of warm clean clothes and my pillow.
That's great, thanks Hail.

2 comments:

Val said...

Ryan's so cute in his uniform. I think David might like soccor. He loves to kick balls. Or maybe even swimming. he loves the pool, but mostly just to splash around and get in and out of.

Patti said...

I sure hope some of my grandkids decide to play ball!